Thursday, June 10, 2010

Breastfeeding is So Natural

...Right??

Before I ever knew I wanted children, I knew I wanted to breastfeed. I felt compelled to do it. While pregnant, I literally fantasized about nursing my baby. I couldn't wait to hold him to my breast moments after his birth. If you've read my birth story, you know that didn't happen, and you know our breastfeeding experience got off to a really bad start.

I have struggled with supply since the get-go. I have done just about everything under the sun to increase my supply. I have spent hours of my young baby's life, crying along with him out of sheer frustration. I have questioned my value as a mother and a woman. I know there are other women out there like me, so I'm establishing another page to outline my experiences. I considered a chronological 'diary', but decided women are probably looking more for answers and suggestions, so, except for a story here and there, it will be informative (read: boring :). I will keep the page live while I work on it, so it will be available almost immediately and will be a work in progress until I get this issue nipped. (haha.. Nipped.. I'm so punny.)

Click here or at the top of the page on "Breastfeeding is So Natural"

No comments:

Post a Comment